Sunday, January 18, 2009

More Craziness Continued

Burke is about to wake up from his nap, and I want to take this time to continue from the last blog post about our crazy lives. So here goes.

My back has been feeling a TON better of which I am so glad, until two weeks ago when I slipped on some snow at a friend's house. I totally tweaked (sp?) my neck and back. It has been okay since, until two days ago when I literally woke up in the morning to awful pain and could barely move. I would yawn and my back hurt, I would point with to something and my back would hurt. I had to go see my awesome NUCCA Chiropractor (whom I highly recommend- Dr. Stork in Meridian, Idaho). I luckily was squeezed into their schedule that morning and was seen. They told me that one of my ribs is out!! What? I never knew that happened. I thought maybe it was broken? No, I just slept wrong, I did absolutely nothing to break my rib, but no, that meant that my muscle was pulling my rib out of its designated spot in the body. Yeah, who does this happen to, oh, only me! And it happens to me when I have everything else piled on my plate. I don't have time to ice, rest, heat and repeat. No, but Dr. Mix (Dr. Stork's wife who is in the practice with him) said that maybe this is my body's way of telling me that I am over doing it. Nah, couldn't be. I don't have huge stresses on me right now. NO way. It's not like I am taking care of a sick child who just had two major heart surgeries in the past two months, no, I am totally not over doing it.

Okay, you saw right through that one, I am totally over doing it, but that is what I have to do. I thought I have been dealing with the stress of everything just fine, until I happened to sleep wrong (actually on my tummy) and all heck breaks loose and my back gives way. But, the realization I am coming to is that life will go on. It has to no matter what.

So, that was Friday, and then on Saturday morning feeling much better from almost being incapacitated the day before, Burke wakes up with a cold. A cold!? You've got to be kidding! How could this kid get sick when I do everything to keep him away from things that would make him sick. Luckily it hasn't gotten too bad, obviously, or we would be posting from the hospital right now, but it is not too bad and hopefully won't get too bad. He needs to be well for his heart catheter next week which is vital to getting his left branches of his pulmonary artery to grow. He can't have the full repair of his heart until the pulmonary arteries grow. And right now they are growing very, very slowly, if at all. But, we have canceled appointments before and we might have to do it again if he doesn't get better soon.

Tyler and Emma went to the ranch this weekend and Burke and I have stayed home. And since Burke is sick, I said, what the heck I might as well go to church and take him with me. We just sat in the back and tried to stay away from a lot of people. It was great to take him. He hasn't been to church in months. And he has only been to church a handful of times in his life anyways. He did great and looked SO cute in his attire. Thanks to my sister for having a boy who is a couple months older than Burke, Burke has so dang cute clothes! The shirt and pants are from Kyle and the vest he finally fits into and shoes are ours. Here is what I had to do in order to get ready to go to church.
Because I wanted to get in here

I had to get him all situated in this. He needed to be on his feeding tube and now that he is walking EVERYWHERE, I couldn't be sure that he would just sit while I took a shower. So, I thought and thought how I was going to do this, and I came up with this. I have never brought my highchair into our bathroom, but man this is THE way to go. It worked like a charm, and I was able to take a nice hot shower, do my hair and get ready for church and guess what? We were ever a little early for church! YEP, that's right folks I can do anything!
Here is the big church going man!

6 comments:

The Drinkwater Family said...

He looks so cute! You amaze me with all that you have to do to care for Burke, Emma, and even yourself these days! It's amazing the jobs the title of "Mom" has in the job description. You're all still in our prayers!

Liz Farnsworth said...

You are AMAZING! You are an incredible mom! Kyle woke of screaming Emma's name this morning. Her picture is right next to his bed and he was so excited to see her first thing when he woke up. Adorable. Hang in there. You are doing a great job and continue to impress me every day. Love you!

Becky said...

I witnessed that fall didn't I? I am so sorry- those backs control a whole lot of our movement don't they! I am sorry I missed you at church- but so glad you could be there.
hey, take it easy! (he he)

Jana said...

You are so amazing. And your kids are to DIE for gorgeous. Really!

Melissa-Mc said...

It was SO great to see him at church. Him waving at me made my day.

Hope your back feels better.

marthaj said...

Rach, you are the MomBomb! You're taking motherhood to whole new heights. . .and depths of stomach :> Here's to you and the beautiful reasons for why you do what you do! --mj