Monday, January 19, 2009

Emma and Daddy

The other day Emma and Daddy wanted to watch the newest addiction at our house- Flicka. It is at the top of my favorite movie list and when daddy told Emma that, she decided it was her favorite movie too. And it is, she LOVES it. I recommend it to those who have not seen it, though I have to warn you, it is not the best made movie, not the best actors, and sometimes has cheesy lines. I LOVE it though. Tim McGraw is in it so it explains why I like it so much. Anyways, Emma watches it almost everyday, and on the days she doesn't get to watch it, she asks to watch it.

So, the other night, Emma and Daddy were watching it, and I didn't want to watch so I was in the other room on the Internet watching the TV shows that I can see on abc.com since we don't have regular TV. Anyways, Burke was asleep and Daddy said that he was going to deal with Emma and they were going to just finish the movie and he would put her down after it was over. After a LONG while, I decided to check on them because their movie should've been over already and I found this:Check out her neck- it looks painful. And I can't believe she was still asleep because daddy was snoring like a bear and the music at the end of the movie was blaring. It was so funny I had to capture the Emma and daddy moment. And this is extra fun to see because Emma never falls asleep on the couch to a movie, it was great!

9 comments:

Becky said...

I love daddy daughter relationships! that is just too cute, and yes, painful looking!

marthaj said...

That's Emma sleeping!? With not a nanna or sippy cup in sight? No books?! Flicka is now worth gold! May the spell never be broken :>

Rachel Johnson said...

Marth, that is the best part about when she falls asleep to a movie, is that I don't have to work to put her down, I didn't have to get that nanna, or sippy cup, or make sure her blanket and baby and books are right with in reach. I didn't have to persuade her to go pee pee, or brush her teeth or floss. No, that night I got a break!! Let me tell you, it was wonderful!!! Putting her to bed lately is a chore, and I was relieved to get excused from it! Thank you flicka- I LOVE YOU!!

Rachel Johnson said...

Marth, next time Emma comes over to sleep over, I will lend you Flicka, then maybe, just maybe that will help conquer putting Emma to bed!! Love ya, and thanks for your comments, I have finally said something that made you comment on our blog- I've arrived! LOL, see ya soon!

kelly said...

Rachel, I'm so glad you commented on my blog! how fun to see you and your adorable family! I can't believe how darling your kids are...well, yes I can.
You are a strong woman...I admire all you are doing for your little family, and Burke especially. You're amazing.

I was at my parent's house for New Years and on a drive down Auburn/Folsom Rd. I took a detour down Moss Ln. for nostalgia's sake. I can't believe the changes!
Anyway, it was fun.

I'll come to your blog often now! thanks for commenting.

Mardee Rae said...

Rachel,
Wow, just got caught up! It is amazing what you are capable of. ou are so strong and such a sweet mommy. Your kids are beautiful (as I knew they would be). That's crazy about your rib! Well, naptime is over, but I love your blog--thanks for commenting on mine!

Jamie said...

what an awesome picture! love it!

Philip and Melissa said...

Ha!!!!!!!!! that is a classic picture!

Amanda Wilson said...

I love this picture!! I have always wanted to watch Flicka and now I know it will be worth it!