Thursday, January 1, 2009

Home for New Years

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!
Did you hear? We are home!!! Yes, that is right, we were actually discharged from the hospital yesterday and got home last night about7 pm. Jan, my mother in law, told someone that I left to take Burke in just for a check up exactly three weeks ago and I have not been home since- (until yesterday that is). I can't believe that it has been three weeks since I took Burke in to the doctor because I was worried about him and felt like something was wrong. I for sure didn't expect to spend three weeks in the hospital especially over the Christmas holiday. But we got a great New Years' gift, we were able to be together as a family again in our own home for the first time in three weeks!

Speaking of gifts, here are a couple of Burke getting to play with his Christmas gift for the first time. It is a tool bench and he was able to play with the small tools in the hospital, but we could not bring the bench in so we set it up at home and he LOVED it!!!

And thanks to a hand-me-down from Sadie (Emma's cousin) Emma was able to enjoy her big gift this year which was a piano. Thank you SO MUCH Sadie- Emma LOVED it! Actually there is a fun story about the first time Emma and Burke discovered the piano, which was last night. She saw it first then Burke saw it and he booked it over to see the piano. Burke has only taken a couple of steps since surgery and he took about 4 in order to get to the piano. He doesn't walk for hardly anything these days, but the piano was exciting enough that he walked a long ways to check it out. So, thanks David and Mindy for the great gift for Emma, AND Burke.

6 comments:

Harris Family said...

So glad you guys are home! What cute pictures - the kids look so excited! I know you have family close, but PLEASE let us know if we can help in any way.

Melinda said...

Welcome back. Glad to see he is doing better. Enjoy your Christmas now.

Jana said...

Oh my goodness those pictures are precious!!! YAY! I am so glad you guys are home. Welcome back!

The Drinkwater Family said...

Welcome Home! I am happy to hear your little guy is doing better! Happy New Year to your family! I hope that this year will bring good health for Burke!

Steve and Ash said...

YAY!! I am so happy to see that you guys got to be home as a family for New Year's!! Your kids are so dang cute Rach!! Happy New Year!!

Becca B said...

i'm so glad you made it back safely! I love the picture of them sitting together with emmas arm around burke, that is so precious!