Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Emma!

I can't believe Emma is already 3!! It seems like her whole 2 year old life went by so quickly! I think having another baby when she was 2 made that time go by so much quicker. Anyways, we actually celebrated Emma's birthday today, yet she doesn't technically turn 3 until Saturday. But since I am leaving tomorrow morning with Burke to go down for testing on his heart, we needed to celebrate today! I love getting so excited with Emma for her birthday. Last year she still didn't have a clue what a birthday was, but this year I tried to get her excited about it a couple of weeks before today so that she would really know what to expect. We made a birthday chain, and she LOVED tearing one chain off each day!
When she woke up this morning we opened presents and admired Tyler's AMAZING SCHOOL BUS CAKE that Emma requested! Seriously, my man can decorate a cake! And I love it, because it is a HUGE stress that I don't have to worry about, (he does)! No, he worked so hard and created this awesome school bus cake that she loved!Isn't the coolest cake you've ever seen!?
She also thought it was pretty cool to have a lot of pictures of her around the house. I wanted to make today so special for her, because sometimes I think we seem to focus a lot on Burke. So I just wanted to make sure she knew how much we love and adore her and how much she means to us in our lives.

Then we got ready to go to her birthday party which was at Grandma J's house. We had such a fun time. The party was so fun and total chaos the whole time! But I think overall it turned out great, and I think those who came thought so too! There were a lot of people there who love Emma so much, and I thank all those who came, it meant a lot to Emma that you were there because she loves all of you! She loved her presents and her phone call and singing Happy Birthday from Grandma and Grandpa Bates too! She has been singing that all day to herself. And to top it off she gets to go to the Ranch! What more could this little girl ask for? Her day is complete because she gets to go to the Ranch for a couple of days and hang out with all her cousins and she gets to ride on Hawkeye! She wanted to so bad and when we said she was going to she was beside herself! This girl has died and gone to heaven! What a great day to end on before we go in for testing and surgery for Burke. We will see you all when we see you, and up- date you more on Friday when we know what the test results are.I love this one, Parker looks totally overwhelmed By the way Melissa, I LOVE the hat you gave her! I have always wanted one, so thank you!

1 comment:

Harris Family said...

How fun! I am so impressed by the cake - way to go Tyler!! Emma looks so excited, it sounds like you guys did a great job making it special for her.

Best of luck with Burke today - we'll be thinking of you!