Saturday, October 11, 2008

Is Fall gone, already?

I grew up in California where winters never included us wearing snow gear (unless we were skiing or going to the mountains or something of that nature). It only snowed probably three times in my hometown my entire life. One or two when I was little ,and once I specifically remember in high school- I was so happy to escape from Chemistry-at least for 15 minutes or so while we all went outside to enjoy the snow flakes. Winters in Northern California were mild, nice, rainy of course, but no snow and no freezing weather for long periods of time. I wish I had pictures of fall time in California. Especially the maple trees by our pond. They are just beautiful. Mom and dad if you would like to humor me and send some pictures through the email of the fall time back home, oh, how I would love it!!
Oh, how my life is different since I live in Idaho where it snows in OCTOBER? Yes, you heard it, and for all you who witnessed it yesterday, it actually snowed here! It's like I live in Alaska or something. It is the beginning of October for goodness sake! Fall time. Autumn leaves should be falling, and the colors should be changing to beautiful shades of yellow then orange, red, then brown. NOT from green straight to BROWN!! I have been totally jipped of fall. I love fall. I love the leaves, the colors. I especially love the smell of fall. But where did it go? Is it going to come back soon? I think I heard that the weather is supposed to be nicer next week, but I was totally caught off guard by this cold weather. Don't get me wrong, I like the winter time, but I need the seasons to change more slowly. I want to enjoy fall time before I have to be bundled inside my house all the time. Does anyone else feel that we have skipped over fall time? I hope it comes back at least for a little while. Last week was beautiful and I hope we get some more of that weather at least for my kids' sake. They do not like to be cooped up for very long (neither do I, okay, it's probably more me than them). Last week I got some great shots of Burke and Emma playing on the swings at G'ma J's. This post is pretty all over the place, but I was just sharing some of my random thoughts about this week. Maybe it's the crazy weather doing crazy things to me. I don't know. This is Emma's first time swinging on the rope (more like chain) swing at Grandma's. She was so brave. She actually let me push her too!
Burker's turn. Emma is such a little mommy as you all know, and she never gives up a chance to push her brother on the swing. He was obviously loving it.

1 comment:

Kaila said...

I totally agree with you on the weather! Fall was skipped! Love the pics of your kids. They are always so happy.