Saturday, October 25, 2008

Glad ya came back, Fall

I'm glad fall came back. Probably the more correct way to say it would be; I'm glad the storm that came through Boise a couple of weeks ago didn't stay, so that we could have our regular fall season. Though I am learning that Boise's fall weather is rather cold. Colder than my California-born temperature would like. But, the sun is still shinning and I am able to do this with my kids......Okay, you can't even tell where we are at! We went to the corn maze! And we had a blast! I should have sent Emma with her preschool, group which went the day before, but since we don't know when surgery is scheduled for Burke yet, I have to be careful about how many kids we are around and in come in contact with. So, I took the kids myself and we had such a fun time! (And yes both of my kids are stuffing their faces with skittles, I know.)The half smile- I love it!I'm glad Emma and Burke could get saddled up and try and lasso a fake bull head! Burke loved the "corn box"- very clever idea. Though we were still pulling corn out of Emma bum crack like we would if it was a true sand box. Much cleaner though. Emma rode on Max and Burke on Greta below on the awesome cow train.These go-carts were fun!

For those who have not been to the Idaho Maize (www.idahomaize.com) it is worth checking out! It is awesome! We got there just before it opened and there were only a couple other families so we basically had the whole place to ourselves. It was great because it wasn't ever crowded. It was really cold the day we went, but we had a great time. The maze from above looks like the Presidential Nominees, Obama, and McCain. We took the left side, (Obama side) I know, I'm not on the left side, but I was told that side of the maze was shorter, so I took it, with kids do you blame me? We also rode the hay ride, picked a pumpkin from the patch and pet the animals at the small petting zoo they had. Great day out with the kids. And completely worth it the drive out to Kuna. It is pretty out there too, I had never been out there before.

1 comment:

Harris Family said...

Such a cute mama! How fun...we really need to go there.