Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, BURKE!!!

Well, this post is a little late because Burke has been officially one for three weeks now. I'm a little behind these days. But, isn't that crazy he's one?!! We had a fun couple of days stretching out the celebration with him. The day or two leading up to his birthday was filled with explaining to Emma that Burke was going to have a birthday and that he was going to be one. We also had to get excited for her that her birthday was coming up (even though it isn't until November). She thought she was to have a birthday on the same day as Burke and that she was going to have a cake and everyone was going to sing to her. She is so sweet and I love that everything in her world is firstly, about her, and then a close second, about her little brother Burke. She wants her birthday to come so bad. And she knows how old she is going to be too!
We had a great day on his actual birthday, and then we celebrated it officially with the family the next day. We had a party over at Gwamma J's and had swimming(oh wait, it was freezing cold-sorry about the swimming thing people, I didn't think that August would get cold here. Isn't that technically still summer?) and cake and ice-cream. We had a great time! Thank you for everyone who came we appreciated your love and support! Here are some pictures from that day.This is the "happy" birthday boy! Why so serious Burke, you are only one!! As you can tell my kids (nor Ty and I) aren't morning people.
Okay, here is a happier picture.
Now, I didn't mention above about Burke's Cake. I was so stressed about this cake that I was just beside myself. And we wanted to have the cake match his main present and finding what we wanted was becoming kind of a pain. So, Tyler saw how stressed I was about this cake and figuring out how I was going to decorated it, he told me that he would do the cake. My first instinct was (sorry Ty) "are you kidding me?" But he kept on reassuring me that he would figure it out and he would do it and it would be great. So, after awhile I realized, I don't care how the cake looked just get it done and that was that. Anyways, long story short, Ty saved the day! I was out getting finishing things for his presents and came home to a beautiful or should I say cute fire engine cake made by Tyler! It was awesome and I was so proud of my little husband. He made my day, and Burke liked it too!
Here is him very seriously decorating the cake.
And here is the finished product! Isn't it great. Now, too bad for Tyler he is hired for all our kids' birthdays from here on out. You got your work cut out for you babe!
Burke was very nervous when everyone was singing to him. He didn't know what was going on! Poor kid, he looked totally confused. He didn't even get a chance to blow out his candle. The next picture shows the scene.Big sis Emma literally holding Burke back from blowing out his own candle! Hilarious. We told her she could help blow out the candle, but I think she thought that she was helping Burke by doing it herself because he didn't know how to. She is a big helper!!
Here is the happy camper diving into his cake. He was a little reluctant at first. But then he decided to give this cake thing a try, and he loved it! Happy Birthday Burke, we love you and are so happy that you are here with us and thank you for everything you have taught us this past year. We love you, buddy!

1 comment:

Melissa-Mc said...

What a strong little miracle he is. Happy Birthday Burke!