Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Emma's first day of Preschool!!

Before preschool with her back pack!

That is right, you read it. Emma is officially in Preschool. Her first day was Monday, September 8, 2008 (for documentation purposes). There is a group of moms in our ward here that got together and decided to do a Preschool co-op. It works out to be one mom teaches the group of kids in her home for the two days (Mon. and Wed.) for one week for two hours a day. Then it is the next moms' turn. Some of you probably already know all about these types of preschools. Anyways, I was so thrilled when they let Emma in because she is the youngest one in the group. I have wanted her to get enrolled in regular preschool because she is at the age where she is getting bored at home with me (why in the world would she get bored with me, come on!) and just needs more that just being at home. But, regular preschools won't allow kids under three, if you don't turn three before Sept 1. then you have to wait until the next year. And Emma's b-day isn't until November. So, Emma was going to be one of the older ones at preschool next year, but now this one is obviously more relaxed on age, but they are still learning and having fun like regular preschool! I am excited for it, and so is Emma. She had a blast the first day! Teacher Misty taught this first week and did some really fun activities and was great with the kids!! Emma didn't even cry the second day!! (Yes, she did cry the first day when she realized that I was not staying at preschool with her). It was so sad. But when it was all said and done, she LOVED it!! After preschool, she also went over to Anna's house after preschool so she had a fun morning of playing with friends!! I love this smile, she is showing off her new puppet she made.
She was so cute and excited that she went to preschool for the first time!

My little girl is growing up so fast I cannot believe that she gets to go to preschool already and also that I am a mom of a school-aged kid!! Crazy!

6 comments:

Becky said...

they were so proud of their "mini me" puppets! the co-op thing is nice-- it is also nice to not have to fork over all that money so they can learn their colors!
Here is to a good year, and surviving those 4 hours when it is your week!

Harris Family said...

That is so cute that she is in preschool - she is such a doll! I can't believe Burke is a year old. I hope all goes well with his tests and surgery. Thanks for posting updates since we never seem to get together! We'll be praying for you guys!

Grace said...

I love Emma Mae! She is so cute and makes the perfect preschooler. Good job Mom.

Steve and Ash said...

Rachel!
I can't believe that your little girl is that big! it's so crazy! I am glad that we will be able to keep in touch better! I haven't seen you in about 2 years!! If you come to this side of Idaho let me know! Take care!

Emily said...

She's so cute with her little backpack! I can't believe she's already had her first day of school!

Fernandez Family said...

Emma looks so cute! Barrett is doing a co-op as well. He's completed one week and loves it.Glad you are doing well!