Thursday, June 12, 2008

Just an Update!

Here are some pictures of what our little kids have been up to. My child now knows how to put her own bread in the toaster to make toast. She is very independent. Her favorite part is putting the butter on the toast. Oh, yes a huge glob of it too. Yummy! But actually, she is pretty good at spreading the jelly. She was very proud of herself as was I.
Here is my poor little child, who was absolutely exhausted one evening. He rarely drinks from his bottle with other people in the room especially his very interesting big sister. One late afternoon he drank his bottle with Emma in the same room and then he fell asleep to it in my arms. It was heaven, because he rarely does this. I didn't want him to take a very long nap and so I just laid him down on the floor in the family room and he actually slept for quite awhile even with all the noise me and Emma were making. He is definitely the second child; put to sleep on the ground and then covered with any blanket in sight, which happened to be Emma's pink blanket. Our poor child. Sorry, Burke.

Here is Emma eating watermelon with her cousin Olivia at Gwamma J's house. One day I was at the store with Emma and Burke and when we started putting the food in the cart Emma commented on every single food, "Oh, I LOVE watermelon, me and my Olivia LOVE watermelon." "Oh, I love beans, me and my Oliv love beans!" (She hates beans by the way.) It had to have been the funniest thing Emma has ever said. Because she was totally serious and commented on basically every food we bought. It made be laugh out loud. So, this is her and her Oliv eating what they both love at a place we all love.
Here is the Burkers getting a bite of the action. Okay, I have to do some child picture comparing here. So, Burke here is 9 1/2 mo. old eating watermelon. The picture below is of Emma when she was 9 mo. old chowing on watermelon at the Payette Lake. Don't they look alike? Okay, so the lighting is different, and she is way more chunkier, but I thought it was fun to have such similar pictures at the same age. Burke
Emma

Okay, this is classic. Emma as you know is very independent. I mean way over the top "do it myself" kind of girl. So, as a result, she is very stubborn and rebellious when it comes to certain things. And one of those things is her bed and going to sleep in her bed. She has a trundle bed and we never put a mattress underneath the high bed because there was no need, she slept in her regular bed just fine. Until, she started coming into our bed almost every night and wanting to sleep with us. Or, she would take all her bedding and sheets and sleep right outside her door and Burke's door in the hallway. Just in spite. Major action was necessary. So, we thought to put a mattress on the pull out bed to get her to think it was way cool to have two beds in her room, and maybe, just maybe, she would actually sleep in her own bed. That lasted about three days. No, she just figured us out too quickly. And this, to Emma, is a better option than both her beds.
It was so hilarious, she was out cold. Doing the bobbing of the head and everything. Classic.

3 comments:

Amanda Wilson said...

Oh my goodness! Those are great pictures! I love the ones of Emma and Burke eating watermelon. They do look a lot alike and they are both gorgeous! I also love that Emma fell asleep in her chair. Classic. It looks like you all are doing great. I love the updates.

Becky said...

love the sleeping in the chair!! I love those determined little 2 year olds!
fun years!

Mardee Rae said...

All the pictures and stories are great, but I have to say that the pictures and story of Emma and her bed rebellion are the funniest ever! Thank goodness for the funny things they do or mommy-ing would be a lot harder than it is!