Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Burke-a-Buddy Boo"

So, every night Emma wants to say the blessing at dinner time. So, one night Tyler was helping Emma with her prayer and he said, "Please bless Burke", and without even the slightest hesitation she said, "Please bless our Burke-a-buddy-boo". We both cracked up silently during the prayer and then busted up laughing after amen. Seriously this girl is funny.

So, our Burke-a-buddy, is growing up so fast. At almost 10 months, he is 19 pounds. He sits up, pulls himself to a stand and now is officially crawling! Yeah. He acts like he want to walk more than crawl, I don't know if he doesn't like his knees because he bear crawls quite a bit on his hands and feet. But he is definitely finding his place in the family and giving Emma a run for her money. If he wants something, he will go after it until he gets it. He is a strong boy. He is the sweetest thing too. This was just taken yesterday, Burke was trying to look around the camera to find me.
Here is Burke and Katerina his cousin. My children look like they could be in her family it's crazy how similar they are.

This was cute to see them play together in the pantry. Burke is so big and he is exploring more places in our house now that he can get around.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

I love 2-4 year olds just for the simple reason that they say the funniest things. That's how I talked everyone into having number 5......reminding them how funny number 4 was.

Melissa-Mc said...

I'm praying for Burke-a-buddy-boo. I'll add the new little title onto my prayers :)

The Drinkwater Family said...

Your kids are adorable Rach! They definately look like little Bates babies! It's fun to see them growing, and I'm happy to see your little boy doing well! When is his next surgery? In response to your comment, Megan is currently home for the summer and goes to school in Rexburg in the fall and winter. It's crazy how fast time flies. My parents will only have 2 kids at home this fall as Nat's leaving for BYUI as well. Talk to you soon!
~Krista

The Griffins said...

Hey there Miss Rachael! I'm sorry I'm just getting back to you! I would LOVE for you to come over when you come down for Burke's procedure. I'm leaving the 24th for California. When is Michael's homecoming? Anyways, come over!! Call me : 593-6040. Feel free to just erase this comment after you get it, that way my number's not all over the internet!

Rachel Johnson said...

Hey April, thanks for writing back. We come down to Utah on the Mon. the 23rd, so maybe it is going to work out great to see you and your family. Burke has testing at Primary's on the 24th and then possible surgery on the 26th. So, I will give you a call in the next couple of days to figure stuff out. Thanks so much and I'll talk with you soon. And I cannot figure out how to delete your comment, so hopefully you check back on my blog and read this and then I think you can delete it, other wise let me know how I can delete the comment. Thanks bye!

Jana said...

That made me laugh! I can totally see Lily saying something like that in her prayers! :) We are thinking of you guys..good luck with your trip to Utah.

Philip and Melissa said...

what beautiful kids!!!!!! i love 'em!