Thursday, October 14, 2010

Emma's Ballet Photoshoot

Well, Emma is nearly fully recovered from her tonsillectomy she had 2 weeks ago. It took until day 11 post op for her to be somewhat her normal active fun self again. Hallelujah! Up until then it was dreadful!!

On a more happier note though, since she has her energy back she was able to go to ballet again this week!! She missed last week's class due to the already mentioned horrible surgery. Here are a few pictures of her in her ballet giddy-up! We recently put her into a small ballet class with one of her other cousins. It was very affordable and we felt she was more than ready to do something on her own like ballet!! She LOVES it! I made these leg warmers (which I make to sell as well) for her and wanted to get some pictures of her in them! These turned out pretty cute- (by the way LIZ when you read this- please be proud that I have learned just a tad bit about photo shop and know that I doctored these pictures up a little. I know they aren't profession-al, but I did it none the less. What do you think- good? Bad? I like them so that's all that matters right? Just kidding. )

Hope you enjoy these of our sweet little girl!!
I give all the credit to Emma for choosing the above pose! Totally an Emma pose for sure!!
I love this little girl's legs. They are so cute!!
She thought the one above was super fun to do as well!! Can you notice she has lost weight from her surgery. I wish I could have known exactly how much, but it was for sure noticeable! I want my tonsils out! Come on!
I made her these leggings thinking they would be great to wear for dance during the winter months. I guess her teacher didn't approve. Emma handed them to me after dance telling me that her teacher told her to take them off at the beginning of class. Whoops! Oh, well that was a good thought. I hope her primary teachers won't make her take them off at church- because that's the only other place she wears them. I guess we will see on Sunday right? Funny.

3 comments:

Gina and the Gang said...

So, since your mom doesn't have a blog, I have to brag on your blog that she is the BEST! She called me at home today to let me know that Paul Cardall is going to be down the street from her office tomorrow. I kinda already knew, seeing that I am obsessed with him, but it was such a kind gesture that is making me a bit teary-eyed as I type this!

Rachel Johnson said...

She is the best huh!! She called me to tell me she was going and then she told me she also called you and told you!! How funny is she! She is great and I am grateful she is my mom! We have met Paul and his cute wife when Burke was in the hospital for testing as was Paul. He was so kind, and really he is such an amazing inspiration for all those who are influenced by Congenital Heart disease! He is incredible and has such a distinct mission here on earth. Have fun today! I hope you have a great time and take some tissues for sure!!!

Ali said...

You have such a precious family Rachel! I really enjoy looking at your posts, FINALLY (I haven't looked at anyones since Brody was born!) Hope the holidays went well and you're enjoying a happy new year! Sure miss you and Liz! xos