Friday, March 12, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa's Before and After Surgery

Here are a bunch of pictures of when we were at mom and dad's before Burke's surgery and then for a day after the surgery before we headed home. We had a great relaxing week when Burke's surgery was postponed. I basically did nothing. It was awesome. We just sat around the house and watched B and E play. We did get off our tails and do something here and there like crack a huge bag of walnuts, decorate the Christmas tree, eat, visit with family and friends, eat a little more and talk a lot. You can tell which pictures are from before and after the surgery because of Burke's oxygen tube. (Hint: he has it before surgery and he doesn't have it after). Enjoy!


Grandpa bought each of the kids a mini hammer so they could crack the walnuts themselves. Dangerous. Luckily B was sitting by grandpa and not me. I think grandpa got hit only a few times! By the expression on his face, I think he LOVES it.
My good friend Ashley and her husband Steve came over to visit. Her sister was speaking in Church that day and they just happened to come to our home ward and so we saw them and I finally got to meet Steve. How long have you two been married- like 3 years and I hadn't even met one of my best friends' husbands? Crazy huh?! Anyways, they came over after Church and it was so good to see her and catch up with her. So, long story, but she took these pictures of us with mom and dad and believe it or not we didn't even think to get a picture with them. I couldn't believe it. Sorry Ash. Looks like we will just have to see you again soon to make up! Thanks for taking the pictures though, they turned out great!


Tom and Maya came to visit before surgery. They kids were enthralled with them, it was great! Thanks for being great sports Tom and Maya!

Emma's Christmas ornament that Grandma gave to her- an angel with her name on it. She loved it, thanks grandma!
Classic Emma picture above. Multi-tasking. Talking on the phone with cousin while decorating the Christmas tree at age 4. AWESOME.
We went to see some new baby goats that were born only a few days before these were taken. My dad prunes these people's trees and they let us go and check out the new babies. The kids loved them (except when Emma thought that the mamas were going to come and eat her)- thanks dad for taking us out there!



2 comments:

Gina and the Gang said...

Nice to see pics of the lady that "introduced us". Because I am in NO WAY her easiest patient!!! I kinda, sorta hate getting my teeth cleaned, and she still likes me! I think...

Bear said...

Rachel, how are you always so beautiful? I guess that explains the beautiful kids. Good job. Miss you.