Sunday, July 13, 2008

LOOMIS here we come!!!

Hey everyone, we are headed to Loomis, well, technically Granite Bay, California tomorrow which is my home town!!! I can't believe it is finally here, my little brother Mike is coming home from his mission!!! He went to Mexico City, Mexico and was a great missionary, and we are so proud of him and everything he has done to help the Lord's work move forth throughout the earth! And my oldest brother Tom is also getting married next weekend!!! We are so excited for him and wish him the very best. My whole family is coming home for the events, which includes 7 kids and spouses and kids, it is going to be CRAZY! Watch out Loomis, the Bates clan is back!! I am getting more and more excited as the minutes pass. And this will be Burke's first time in the great ol state of California! He is going to LOVE it.
Anyways, we will be gone for two whole weeks so I am saying see ya to Boise friends and hello to all my Northern Cali friends. And please contact me if anyone from home will be in the area, because I am sooo anxious to see all my friends I have not seen in so long.Here is Mike before his mission with Emma when she was 4 mo. old. I love this picture of both of them.
This is the day Mike went through the Temple for the first time. Here is my dad, Liz, mom, Mike, Mark and me in front of the Oakland Temple just before he left on his mission.
Us kids at Mike's farewell including; my oldest brother Tom, me, Liz, Mark and Mike unfortunately my two older brothers Jim and Dave were not able to make it that day.
Emma (8+ mo.) and Mike at his farewell.
Here is a very recent (last week) picture of Mike in Mexico City at a baptism. Ain't he so cute!!

We can't wait to see our "little" Mikey!! We love you and have missed you!!! He comes home on Friday the 18th with my dad who went to pick him up.

5 comments:

Melissa-Mc said...

What an exciting time. Have a great time in CA.

Burke looked so sweet and cute at church today.

Philip and Melissa said...

So excited for you to be able to take a trip home!!! have so much fun!

The Griffins said...

I'm so sad! I wish I could be there! I didn't know that Tom is getting married either! That is so AWESOME!! Tell everyone hi for me and send them my love. Tell Mike I said welcome home and great job! :]

Call me when you get back with an update on Burke!
Apes

Hilary said...

Ummm! Can I say UPDATE!! J/K Rach...Luv ya!

Steve and Ash said...

Hey Rach!
I just wanted to let you know that we got a blog! Krista helped us out, so I don't know what I am doing! But anyhow! I hope your family is doing well!! Take care!