Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Success!

The surgery was a success! Dr. Hanley fixed Burke's heart! I can't believe I am actually writing that!! Burke's heart is now a normal working heart! They fixed everything that needed to be fixed and all went well! They expect his oxygen levels to be normal. They expect him to run and play like a normal child, no more huffing and puffing. They expect him to not need another surgery for 5-10 years!! Yeah, you read that right! Years, not months! I just thank our gracious Lord above for overseeing this surgery for I know He was there helping. We are just speechless. Totally speechless.

We will be able to see him in about 30 min. He will be intubated for few days but recovery could be quick and they don't anticipate anything going wrong. Now that doesn't mean nothing will go wrong, but just that it shouldn't. We are just grateful for this full repair surgery. It has been a long road coming. We are eternally grateful for this incredible blessing from Heavenly Father.

13 comments:

Claire said...

Drew just got done blessing Burkie in his prayer- what happy happy news for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Rach! I am so happy for you guys!! I've been thinking about Burke all week. I'm glad everything went well. Love you tons and miss you so much!!! I need your email or phone number. Actually, what is your address too, we'll send you a christmas card :)

Kaila said...

YAY!! I have been praying for you all day. I am so glad it went well. Keep the updates coming. We'll keep praying.

Gina and the Gang said...

Sooooo happy for you and your entire family! Especially for that adorable little guy I hope to meet one day. So long oxygen cannula!!! Congratulations! Don't stress out too much about the up and down roller coaster of recovery!

The Drinkwater Family said...

SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT!!! We've been praying for you guys and thinking about you all day! Recovery is never easy, but just might be this time since you have so much to be optimistic about!!! We'll keep praying!

Heather said...

Oh Happy Day!! I am so, so, so happy for you guys and will continue to pray for you all during this recover period and beyond. I hope you all get some rest!

Amanda Wilson said...

Yeah!!! I have been thinking about you guys all week. I am so happy that everything went well. I can't imagine how happy you must be. I hope his recovery is quick. We will pray for that!

Jana said...

Oh my gosh, I don't think you could get any better news for Christmas!! Burke deserves to be able to run and jump and not be hooked to oxygen. :)What a sweetie. So happy for you all and hope his recovery is so smooth!!

Sarah said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you guys. What a wonderful Christmas gift!

Susan said...

We are so happy to hear the news that surgery was successful. We are thinking of you all and praying for you. Your mother keeps my mother updated which is nice. Love to you all, Susan Chapman

Christina said...

Congratulations! That is so wonderful. Hoping for a smooth recovery and a quick return home.

Hugs & Prayers,
Christina
Heart Momma to Jacob

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

YAY!!! I'm so grateful to hear that news!!! Can't wait to see you guys! I've missed you! Cuddle him all you can before you get back and he takes off running!! Love you guys!

Martha said...

Yay! I got an update from Jan last Saturday and I have been thinking about you since. I'm so happy for the good news. You guys certainly deserve it.