Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

Eat your heart out! Liz with Redbucket Photography took the kids out last week for a fun filled photo shoot for Halloween!! Can you say Adorable!! I think they turned out perfect. Emma was a ham for some of them and I love it- she actually is starting to pose for pictures. Emma is wearing Liz's ballet costume of minnie mouse from when she was little. So stinking cute- thanks Liz for letting her wear it!

And here's the poser Burke. I just LOVE this one! He did this all by himself. He was in a weird mood that day, and we didn't get a ton of him smiling perfect, but we got some cute shots.

This one Burke is listening to his heart. PRICELESS! He loves stethoscopes.

Here's the best group shot. Pretty dang cute it you ask me.

On saturday it was ASU's homecoming and they had a big Halloween school parade and so we brought the kids to enjoy the day. It was a pretty day and we had fun starting off the Halloween festivities early in the day. Emma was mad though that we didn't fill up her bag. I kept having to remind her that tonight we would trick or treat and get a TON of candy. This fun balloon making clown made Emma Minni Mouse ears. It was her first time ever making minni mouse ears, I think it turned out cute! We lost her ears to her costume during the week so before we went trick or treating I made her some new ones. I felt so proud of myself. I made part of my child's halloween costume. I totally felt like a real mom. Because isn't that what a real mom does, she makes halloween costumes, or make alterations on the costumes. She is wearing her homemade ears here! Love it! Emma was adorable. I kept on saying that all night long as she was running up to each lit up house. They both got a ton of candy.
This is us while we were trick or treating. It was so fun, the kids were having a ball! I even dressed up. I usually hate figuring out a costume, but it was easy this year because I had everything for a cowboy. I think this might be my staple costume from now on- sweet!!

Liz and I made them each trick o treating bags to carry. Burke's has a Red Cross symbol with Dr. Burke Johnson, MD on it. Emma's has a big E for the obvious, and Kyle's has Micky Mouse ears on it with his name on it to match his name on his hat. I have done quite a few sewing projects since being down here in AZ because I have access to Liz's sewing machine from my mom. So, this was one of the many projects I have done and I think these bags turned out great!

4 comments:

Harris Family said...

Adorable kids and pictures! Love the costumes! It looks like you guys are having a great time in AZ. :)

Amanda Wilson said...

Yeah for an update!! Your kids look so adorable in their costumes. And don't feel bad about not making their costumes. I didn't make Savannah's either. I made my mom send me one that she made in 1974 and it worked out great. You look great in your cowgirl costume as well!

Anonymous said...

Wil and Weston were asking about where Big Tyler (verses Little Tyler who is their cousin)lives yesterday. We sure do miss you guys and don't like the feeling of you being far away. Glad to see a post update and see pictures of you all! You all look great! Hope to see you soon!!! (Can you believe I have 3+ weeks left to go before the baby comes???!!! I AM HUGE!)

Denise said...

Ok Rach, truth be told Mindy may feel huge but, she is not huge. She looks great.
I can't believe Emma! she is darling in that Minnie outfit. Definately not an Idaho trick or treat outfit. It wasn't too bad this year but not warm enough for that! Burke looks good and so dang cute. We miss you guys. It's great to see you all on your blog. Hope to see you over the holidays.