Friday, September 18, 2009

Burke's 2nd Birthday!!

We enjoyed Burke's 2nd Birthday in August! This is a very classic picture of what happens when it is NOT Emma's Birthday. She thinks that the person whose birthday it is, can have NO chance to blow out the cake until after the song the designated time to officially blow out the candles! This likewise happened on Burke's first birthday, when Emma basically pushed Burke out of the way so she could blow out the candle not even allowing B the chance to do it. Classic. I know this looks very unsafe-oxygen on baby who is very, very close to an open flame. Don't worry he didn't explode, just so you know. Maybe that explains the funny expression on his face- he was probably feeling a little tingle in his nose- "okay a little too close to open flame guys!" Oh, and I know what you are thinking- who made that LAME cake. Yes, I will admit I had to give in a buy a store made store bought cake. Yes, I am officially a LAME-O mom. I felt like such a failure throughout the whole "Happy Birthday" song staring into the awful store bought LAME-O cake. I know you can say it, I have admitted my wrongs! (It was likewise smashed in the car as it slid across the seat on the way home from the store. YEP- LAME)!!!B playing with his trucks from Aunt Marth. He loved them, thank you!What ends a long fun birthday better than to cuddle on the recliner chair with your favorite blanket? This is a very classic picture of Burke sucking his two middle fingers on his right hand while holding and smelling the "taggie" from his FAVORITE blanket his cousins and grandma made. him. I have been meaning to document this very loved "lovie", but I haven't as of yet. Did I mention he LOVES that thing. We do not go anywhere with out it and it has saved us many a times in the hospital when nothing else would calm him.
I can't believe that it has been two years since this little man was born. We are so happy and feel so blessed that he has stayed with us for as long as he has. He has brought a sweet spirit into our home from the day he was born. He is the sweetest most personable little guy we know who makes everyone fall in love with him the second they see him. We are grateful for Heavenly Father above who has entrusted us with His sweet child. We are inspired and in awe of what this little boy has to go through and what he adapts to. I know that He is being watched over and protected daily from our Heavenly Father. We know for certain that we were to go through this trial in our lives to help us become better people and to bring us closer to the Lord. He has been so merciful and patient with us through this whole experience. We are forever grateful for all He has done for us in so many many ways. We hope and pray daily that Burke will be able to stay with us for a good long time, but we understand Burke has a specific purpose here on earth (as we all do) and we are trying daily to line our will with the Lord's will. I am so grateful that He is in charge and that we don't have to figure everything out on our own.

We love you Burke with all of our hearts and we are so grateful for you and what you have brought to our family. Happy Birthday Buddy!!!

10 comments:

Steve and Ash said...

Rach!
I can't believe he is two! He is so cute!! I love the story about Tyler's truck below!! We have the same situation, and we've thought about selling it a few times, and I get so sad!!! Lame, I know!! Sounds like you've been busy!! You're amazing!! Let me know the next time you come out to Cali!! Take Care girl!!

Liz Farnsworth said...

Hey ash- its good to hear from you!! Hope all is well in Cali. It sounds like you and your family have so much fun with all your get togethers! How fun! Miss you and I will be sure to let you know when we come to Cali. We might even be coming for Burke's upcoming surgery- so we will let you know! Love ya, bye!

Rachel Johnson said...

Okay, that last comment was supposed to be by me- Rachel, but Liz just came over to use my comp. and she logged in and I wrote that comment on her account! My bad.

Gina and the Gang said...

Happy Birthday to your little B. He looks healthy and happy! Thanks for your comment on our blog. You MUST give yourself credit, and a break! Life with a child with medical needs can be the pits sometimes, and the oxygen thing is really hard. When Casey was on oxygen and an infant, it was the most difficult time. I felt like I couldn't go anywhere alone because it took so much work. HANG IN THERE!!

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Baby Burke!
As for the "lame mom" it's called the reality of motherhood. Not a week goes by that I don't think I'm a "lame mom" for some reason or other. Then I tell myself to get over it because another week is just around the corner and so is another "lame mom" moment! Augh! Give yourself credit you have your hands full with two cute kids and Burke's extra care. We miss you guys.

Whisk-At-Hand said...

Hi Rachel, Your kids are adorable! Happy birthday to Burke and best wishes in your new home. -Melissa

Rachel Johnson said...

Melissa!! Holy cow, is this melissa from back home!!? What are you up to these days? How in the world are you doing? I heard you got married, or you were getting married. I tried to see if I could leave a comment on your blog, but I didn't see where I could because you didnt have a post. Anyways, I'd love to keep in touch! Thanks for commenting! TAlk with you later!

Whisk-At-Hand said...

Hi Rachel! Things are going good! I'm currently living in the Bay Area (Palo Alto) with my fiance Ryan Gunton (Aimee's older brother). I work at Stanford Health Policy at the university. Ryan and I got engaged last December and are getting married in May '11 (It's hard to believe that we have been dating for 6 years!). He is working on his PhD (in the dissertation phase--and ready to be done!) We'll probably move back up to Sacramento area once he is finished (2-3 years). As for the blog...I have been trying to figure it out and am trying to decide what to do (I guess I need to figure out if I want to invest the time in it). Do you have facebook?

Whisk-At-Hand said...

Hi again, I ended up making a blog whisk-at-hand.blogspot.com. It's more about baking than stuff that Ryan and I are doing (we are pretty boring!) anyway, I'd love to catch up! -Melissa

ammon & Kim Riggs said...

Yeah for burke! he looks great. Hey I was wondering where you are in AZ. Let me know maybe we could get together. Yes, I talked to Jamie Shipp about our house, but never heard back and our house actually sold this week..... hope all is well. kim